- Pricing – All Rough Cut and most Surfaced (S4S) hardwoods are priced and quoted by board foot. If you are unsure how to convert your measurements to board footage, please scroll to the bottom of the page to use the Board Foot Calculator. Surfaced hardwoods used for decking are priced by lineal foot. (Ipe, Cumaru, and Abaco)
- Deposits – A 50% deposit will be required on orders that involve processing such as surfacing, re-sawing, or manufacutring. Deposits will also be required if the order total costs meets or exceeds $3500.00 USD.
- Returns – No returns or credit will be offered on orders/material that has been signed for and accepted by customer. The customer must inspect the entire order prior to accepting the delivery. Once you sign your delivery confirmation provided by the carrier, your materials will be considered to be delivered in acceptable condition. Should you receive an order than is damaged or incorrect please note it on the delivery confirmation when signing and contact us immediately. Damaged Orders: The material must show physical signs of damage in order for us to be able to approve a return authorization or refund. Sending us photos of issues helps expedite the claims process. Minimal knots, checking less than 1.5″, lite pith, and sapwood is not considered to be damage or defect of the material unless otherwise stated. Incorrect Orders: If you receive an incorrect order such as mismatched piece count, please call us. We will handle this issue in a timely manner. Processed Material: No returns or credit will be offered on material that has been processed by either Lumber Express LLC or the customer. If the material has been re-sawn, planed, ripped, molded, nailed, drilled, etc. it will be ineligible for return or credit.
- Exchanges – All exchanges are up to the discretion of the Returns Department. All accepted exchanges will be subject to a 15% restocking fee and any return shipping costs involved if the return is approved. This amount will be deducted from your refund. The balance of your refund will be applied to your new order should you choose to reorder. Processed Material: No returns or credit will be offered on material that has been processed by either Lumber Express LLC or the customer. If the material has been re-sawn, planed, ripped, molded, nailed, drilled, etc. it will be ineligible for exchange.
- Cancelled Orders – Rough Sawn Material Orders: Can be cancelled without 15% restocking fee charge within 24 hours of placing your order. If an order is placed, processed and ready to ship and needs to be cancelled the customer must notify us 48 hours prior to order being shipped. This order will be subject to a 15% restocking fee. Processed/Surfaced Material Orders: No exchanges will be accepted on material that has been processed or surfaced by Lumber Express LLC. If the material has been re-sawn, planed, ripped, molded, nailed, drilled, etc. it will be ineligible order cancellation.
- Lead Times – Lead times are estimates and cannot be guaranteed. We try our best to gauge delivery and availability of all our material, however forces of nature beyond our control have to be taken in to account.