- FTL Shipments – Full Truckload Shipments are available and will be booked and handled directly by Lumber Express LLC, unless other wise specified. We ensure that your full truckload order will be loaded correctly to ensure a safe intact delivery. We strive to obtain the best rate possible and will gladly compare our rates to yours in-order to determine who has the more affordable price.
- LTL Shipments – Less than Truck Load shipments applies to bundle(s) or small quantities heading a distance of 100 miles or more from our distribution center in Jupiter, Florida. These shipments generally take a 3-7 business days to arrive at its destination depending on your location. We use a wide variety of carriers such as Estes®, Conway Freight®, and R&L Carriers® to name a few. We usually pick the carrier that provides the lowest rate and fastest transit time.
- Packaged Shipments – Packaged Shipments applies to orders of 5 pieces of material or less, not exceeding a weight of 60lbs, and not measuring more than 60″. These shipments do not require being sent on a pallet and can be handled by hand. Packaged shipments are usually banded or wrapped in shrink wrap and then boxed. We use Fed-Ex Ground and/or UPS, whoever has the lowest rate, to ship these types of packaged orders. All packaged shipments take 1 business day to arrive to its delivery location within Florida, and up to 7 business days to arrive to its destination outside of Florida.
- Local Deliveries – Local Deliveries are available directly by Lumber Express LLC. Depending on the order size, delivery distance, and location, rates can range from $25 to $75. We provide local deliveries within a 100 mile radius of our distribution center in Jupiter, Florida. Your order will be delivered on a flatbed and it is the customers responsibility to ensure unload happens in a safe and timely manner.
- Overseas/International Shipments – We ship to the Bahamas and the rest of the Caribbean Islands weekly. We use two ocean carriers: Crowley and Tropical Shipping. There are no standard rates for shipping lumber overseas, however we have specially negotiated rates with these two carriers to make the cost more affordable to our customers. We can ship full container load(s) (FCL) or less than a container load (LCL). All overseas shipments will be bundled and banded with the right packaging materials to ensure safe delivery. Shipping times will vary depending on carriers sailing schedule. Customer is responsible for electing the freight as prepaid or collect at the time of confirming your order. If not specified all freight charges will ship as freight collect. The customer will be responsible for handling all freight charges at the port of destination.
- Customs Duties and Import Taxes – All customs duties and import taxes due in country of destination are the responsibility of the customer or consignee.
- Domestic Shipments – The customer(s) must specify whether the delivery address is a commercial or residential. Domestic shipping rates do not include accessorial charges (i.e. lift-gates, limited access, inside delivery, notify/appointments, etc.) unless requested. Accessorials requested by the consignee will be added to the freight bill and charged accordingly. Same terms apply for carriers who deem certain accessorials necessary at the time of delivery. Carriers need a minimum 2 hour window for pick up and the majority of the time they will need until later in the afternoon. Typically pick ups are made after 2 P.M. Carriers do not pick up or deliver on weekends. Carriers do not count the day of pick, weekends, or holidays in to their transit times. All transit times are estimated unless guaranteed. Any additional shipping charges incurred due to misinformation provided when submitting an order will be forwarded to the customer.
- Shipping Quotes and Estimates – All shipping estimates and quotes are subject to change at any given time. In order to provide you the most accurate shipping rate, accurate delivery information must be submitted by the customer. Domestic Shipments: All Shipments: Once your order is ready to be shipped, we will generate a bill of lading and fax/email to the customer. The order will be able to be tracked using the information listed on the bill of lading. Your delivery instructions cannot be changed once a bill of lading has been generated.
- Ship It Yourself – If you prefer to coordinate your own shipping please let us know! We will require a faxed or emailed copy of your bill of lading and shipping instructions 48 hours prior to your scheduled pick up. We will gladly compare our shipping rates to yours to see which is more cost effective.